Wednesday, January 23, 2008

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A

Well, it has almost been a year since my first real deployment on disaster recovery. That was Oklahoma City 2007. The new year has found me once again in the good state of Oklahoma (note that I put "good", not "great"...I think Texas only deserves that status). I put in 3 1/2 months last year, and I am hoping for the same this year.

I have already visited a few similar places, driving by the Fair Grounds and visiting a local religious gift store. The GREAT thing is that I am staying in the same GREAT hotel as last year and working in the same building. Anybody who knows me knows that I am a creature of habit. Change is BAAAAAD. There are many familiar faces at the Joint Field Office (JFO), which made me smile when I first arrived. And this go-around is for the same circumstance: winter ice storms.

No comments: